Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Father's Day


When I began to think about writing this blog it was very difficult for me to figure out what to say. My relationship with my dad wasn't very close growing up and he wasn't around all that much. We would see each other on select holidays but not that day in and day out interaction that I desired so much. I have always felt like I missed out on a lot not having my father consistently in my life, and I made a vow that if and when I had children they wouldn't have that void of a missing father. My grandmother was strapped with the burden of raising a man and she did it without flinching and I thank her everyday for that. So, in writing this about father's day I wanted to keep in mind some of the great fathers I have met in my life and the sacrifices they have made to be good fathers.
As I have become a father myself I have experienced how much effort it takes to be a good father. My father in law has taught me so much about being a great husband which translates to being a great father also. He taught how to have a good perception on things, he always says "it's usually not serious enough to get mad about" and ninety percent of the time he is right the situation really isn't that serious. One of my best friends is a single dad and shows the sacrifice needed to be a good father. He is there for his daughter at every practice, or event she has, he makes sure she is picked up from school each day, and all the while holds down a job and attends college. I am inspired each day by these great men and countless others that each day strive to be positive role models for kids to look up too.
Here at Dajs Daily we want to support parents, and all people to be better role models for the generation coming after us. We want to highlight all those that are doing great things in their everyday lives that are inspiring. Please send us any Fathers that you would like to have featured on our page on Fathers Day this Sunday. Send us some information about the person and what inspires you about them at dajsinc@gmail.com.

4 comments:

  1. Now that's CHURCH right there Homie!!! Very well said Bruh! Happy Father's Day D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Dre much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gabe the trigga figgaJune 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM

    Thanks for the Good Read, So many of us are learning to be fathers without having Direct experience with our own fathers, they may have been totally absent or as being divorced may have been there the standard two weekends a month. Glad to be part of a community i can relate to.....Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes that's a big issue. Men are trying to be father's without having been taught how to be a father. We haven't seen firsthand what its like to be a good father. It makes it tough but it also allows you to blaze your own trail and teach your kids how to be good people and parents.

    ReplyDelete