Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Old Feelings

It seems like the older we get the more we tend to try to stay young.  I just recently found out that my youth has slipped from my hands.  While playing a friendly game of football I messed my knee up really bad.  Not bad enough to require surgery, but bad enough to still feel it nearly a month later.  The youth in me knew that I could still play, but the age in me knew that this time would come.  As I wake up each morning with a slight ache I grimace, but still kind of smile because I know, that this happen doing something that I love to do.  Sometimes as adults we shy away from some of the fun we had when we were younger, because we tend to believe that we can't do the things we used to do and that's not always true.  However there are things that some of us are not as good at doing as we used to in our younger day.  Partying has changed for a lot of us older people. Some of us are not able to drink as much or hang out as long, but always tend to try.  It's always interesting how we realize that we should have been doing something when we wake up the next morning.  When it's all said and done we should be able to look back on our youth and be proud of the things we did.  Also realize that we cannot do some of the things that we used to do, but we can enjoy ourselves in other ways which is just as fulfilling.  Lets not be the generation that's at the club at 50 trying to pick someone up, lets leave that for our kids.  Its important for us to accept that somethings are just better left to the younger generation.  I plan to explain to my son how the things he love to do will come to an end at some point, and to make sure he's satisfied once it's all over.  I want to let him know that things won't get worst as you get older only different and that he should enjoy every second of being young, because it only comes around once.

No comments:

Post a Comment